LTL for TMW.Suite operations module features dispatch and back-office functions designed for the unique needs of less-than-truckload or drayage freight business.
By definition, LTL shipping involves an order of magnitude-greater number of handling units, bills of lading, invoices, etc. than a truckload carrier fleet of the same size. Misrouted, lost or damaged freight leads to service failures, customer dissatisfaction, freight claims, and increased recovery costs.
The LTL for TMW.Suite module is designed for the unique needs of less-than-truckload or drayage freight business. Our suite of dispatch and back office functions is designed for the asset-based regional LTL carrier, featuring: order entry, P&D dispatch, cross-dock planning and linehaul dispatch, billing & rating, carrier rating & settlements, customer web quoting and track & trace, plus additional integrations.
Easy to use, LTL for Suite provides high-volume operations with accuracy and scalability. Our automated, real-time LTL rating engine ensures charges always match your order details, improving your margins.
Manifesting and dispatch tools accurately and efficiently plan freight from pickup, through the terminal network, and onto delivery runs to maximize trailer utilization. Configurable batch invoicing tools prepare invoices according to customer billing requirements while reducing the time required to invoice and improve your Days Sales Outstanding. Meanwhile, item-level traceability of freight reduces freight claims and service failures.
• Automates common tasks such as terminal routing, freight bill rating, and carrier rating
• Streamlines tasks such as identifying consolidation opportunities, manifesting, and routing
• Automated carrier rating engine and D83 split calculation, plus streamlined carrier settlements functionality, that take the overhead of working with partner carriers.
• Reducing or eliminating unnecessary communications between driver and dispatcher, and between dispatcher or CSR and customers
• Ability to satisfy customer-specific invoicing requirements
• Recurring pickups, appointment times, and special delivery instructions
• Self-serve track & trace via the Web
• Customer analytics based on freight volumes, commodities shipped
• EDI transaction support (204/214) eliminates manual tasks
• Intermodal rail support including rail billing