Whether delivering in a local area or distributing regionally, making sure your special order building products get to the right retailor or jobsite at the right time for the lowest cost possible is top of mind. Route planning solutions from TMW Systems can improve the cost efficiency of your distribution operation and help you improve customer service significantly.
Route Planning for Building Products Distributors
TMW route planning software is designed to help Building products distributors improve operational efficiency in both the wholesale and retail side of the business. Quickly generate the most efficient fleet routes to keep customers happy and your transportation costs to a minimum with Appian routing software from TMW Systems. Maintain real-time visibility to routes and truck location so your customers can know precisely when to expect their deliveries and you can be notified proactively of any variance to your routes.
Wholesale distributors have the ability to create the most economical delivery routes possible for multi-stop distribution, while taking layover times, delivery time windows and DOT driving time regulations in to account. Our routing and scheduling solutions use industry-standard, truck-safe, routing and mapping data to generate safe delivery plans for your drivers with street level accuracy. Other systems use consumer or passenger car mapping data, which can land your truck drivers in a world of trouble. With Appian routing and scheduling technology, you can:
- Better utilize your existing trucks
- Reduce excess miles driven
- Create more productive routes and reduce excess hours
- Provide real-time, plan vs. actual visibility to help maintain exceptional service level
- Have access to detailed reports around your customers, your drivers, and route profitability
Retail distributors can take advantage of the ability to include both regular customers as well as new job site deliveries in their daily route plans. TMW routing software can take special equipment requirements (e.g., flatbed, boom, forklift truck, etc.) in to account as it dynamically generates safe, cost-efficient and timely route plans. Additional capability includes:
- Electronic route calendar displaying available resources and time slots by day, week and month
- Appointment place-holder creation for sales and customer service
- Access to real-time delivery status
- Email and text message notifications to job sites and sales reps.
- Improve customer service and increase retention
- Save costly planning man-hours with easy-to-use routing software
- Avoid delivery complications like height and vehicle restrictions and road closures
- Get detailed, street-level driving instructions